Head of Operations (Live)
We are seeking a highly organised and motivated Head of Operations to join our live touring department
Over the last 8 years FMLY has grown from a small boutique company into a diverse independent agency who are challenging the stereotypical music industry persona, with an incredibly diverse roster championing artists and music that we all love.
FMLY is a small but dedicated team with a hands-on approach, and we are looking to recruit a Head of Operations to drive the live team forward.
The Head of Operations will be responsible for instigating processes & policies across all team members in the department, including managing work flow and resources, and staff recruitment and HR. You will work with the directors to ensure compliance with all relevant local and international laws regarding the operational side of the business. You will be expected to manage budgets, targets and growth for the team, and deliver reports to the directors.
About the role
- Evaluate business systems and identify weaknesses, to provide solutions and recommendations
- Monitor productivity and work closely with other department heads to improve efficiency
- Develop sustainable processes to ensure quality, and increase productivity and profitability
- Assist in developing written user procedures, guidelines and documentation
- Train artists and staff on new processes/functionality and systems
- Show a strong understanding of measurement and reporting providing continued ROI and business impact
- CRM Management, including managing contact with buyers, mail outs and the tone of voice used across the live department
- Run artists onboarding process, including producing relevant artists documents including riders, which are compliant w/ company standards
- Manage reporting for agents and artists, using historical records to forecast future buying patterns
- Maintain a working knowledge of the live music industry including challenges and opportunities in the sector
- Strategically plan conference attendance across the year, budgeting and reporting on ROI
- Manage the live touring department, including HR protocol and process
- Handle recruitment, advertise and interview for vacancies/new roles
- Produce a handbook for new starters including HR policies and the agencies process
- Manage staff performance, analyse productivity and optimise staffing and production capacity
- Manage staff welfare, grievances and discipline procedures
- Interpret and advise on employment law, healthy and safety policies and company compliance
- Understand and advise the business on relevant Environmental and Sustainability frameworks
- Lead on ensuring compliance with legislation, regulation, contracts, GDPR etc. Apply processes to monitor against these, and ensure that necessary changes or new procedures are implemented effectively and in line with culture and principles.
- Keep up to date with, and understand, relevant laws and regulations. Data Protection/Privacy
- Complete Compliance and GDPR onboarding questionnaires required by new clients.
- Draft new and amend existing internal data protection policies, guidelines and procedures, in consultation with key stakeholders.
- Deliver training across all business units to staff members who are involved in data handling or processing; ensure robust document retention policies are in place and are being followed.
- Strong, savvy communicator. When collaborating, you know when to be direct and when to be flexible. You’re good at seeing the bigger picture, and no matter the seniority, you are able to help keep others focused on the end goal.
- Creative and curious nature. You enjoy learning new things and pushing the envelope.
- Clear headed do-er. You understand how to carve a path to execute on a new idea, but you also know that continued success at scale requires honest feedback and replicable processes.
- Devil with the details. Whether you are organizing a team with parallel workstreams or delegating tasks, you can maintain sight of the big picture without ever losing sight of the little details.
- Lead by example, but you’re a team player, And you understand that mentorship is often most effective when taught by example.
Don’t meet every job requirement? That’s okay! Our company is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role, but your experience doesn’t perfectly fit every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right person for this role or others. Music Industry experience is not essential, but may be helpful, you must enjoy music, but we understand this is a difficult industry to grow in, we are committed to supporting equality within the music industry and believe in equal opportunities for everyone, we would like to hear from anyone who feels with the right support they can flourish.
Please apply by sending your CV and cover letter to – firstname.lastname@example.org